The Crusader first became airborne 25 March 1955. LTV eventually built 1,261 of these outstanding aircraft. The Crusader was flown by 235 aviators from 1957 through 1968. Over those years the Death Angels flew the F8A, F8D and the F8E versions of the aircraft. VMF(AW)-235 was the last Marine Corps squadron to fly this great bird. The last of the Gunfighters.


This page contains pictures of the F8 only. The fifth aircraft flown by Squadron-235. Snapshots featuring people rather than aircraft may be found on Snapshots.

The F8 - Crusader
HOME../../MCmuseum.html../../MCmuseum.htmlshapeimage_3_link_0
AIRCRAFT../Aircraft.html../../Symposiums/Symposiums.htmlshapeimage_4_link_0
HOME../../MCmuseum.html../../MCmuseum.htmlshapeimage_5_link_0
AIRCRAFT../Aircraft.html../../Symposiums/Symposiums.htmlshapeimage_6_link_0